When your project needs special approval


Sometimes the best outcome for your buliding project might not meet all the state and national building standards. The slope, area or shape of your land might mean a better outcome is achieved by relaxing these standards without compromising public safety or amenity.

In these cases, the Council is the only agency authorised to approve such variations.  Your private certifier or building designer can assist you in establishing which of the following approvals are needed.

These requests generally take about 3 weeks to process. If you have a need for the matter to be resolved more quickly please be sure to let us know at the time of lodgement and we will endeavour to assist you.

Click on the link below to download the form: "Application to Council for siting concession dispensation".