Dog waste bag receptacles installed in public spaces
Posted Friday 7 February, 11:58am
Ararat Rural City Council has installed dog waste bag dispensers in six locations around Ararat in an effort to help people do the right thing and clean up after their pet.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said the receptacles held small plastic bags that are available free to the public to pick up their dogs’ waste when they are out and about walking their furry friends.
Dr Harrison said Ararat Rural City Council’s Local Law specified that dog owners can be fined for not picking up after their dog, with a penalty of $200.
“The new waste bag dispensers will help residents who might have forgotten to take a plastic bag with them when they take their dog for a walk,” he said.
The dog waste bag receptacles are located:
- Along the Golf Links Road walking track opposite Chalambar Golf Club.
- In Alexandra Gardens at the Vincent Street entrance.
- At Kokoda Park at the McLellan Street entrance.
- Gordon Street reserve off McGibbony Street.
- Queen/Elizabeth Street Reserve.
- Centenary Park.