Ararat Town Hall releases 2020 program
Posted Thursday 13 February, 10:24am
The return of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow, classical music, a play about footy and shows to entertain the kids are just some of the highlights of the Ararat Town Hall’s 2020 program.
Ararat Rural City Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said the Town Hall’s 2020 program offers something for everyone with audiences set to belly laugh, weep and think deeply with a range of theatre, children’s, comedy and musical performances.
Dr Harrison said the Town Hall’s free lunchtime concerts will also return, with the first – Memories with The Hoffmans – on Wednesday 11 March.
“Once again, the Ararat Town Hall team will present a great range of shows that will appeal to young, old and everyone in between,” he said.
“The Ararat Town Hall is pleased to be able to present a great range of performance art to the community and we expect it will be another successful season. There will be more shows added to the program as we progress through the year so stay tuned for those.”
Shows on the 2020 program include:
- The Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow on May 23.
- Football-inspired play The Merger, starring Damian Callinan, on May 27.
- Inimitable choir masters The Spooky Men’s Chorale on June 5.
- Solo celloist Chris Howlett in Bach by Candlelight at the Moyston Hall on August 23.
- Several children’s shows including Splash Test Dummies in March, The Hunter The Hunted in June and Ann-Droid in the July school holidays.
The full list of Ararat Town Hall shows is available on its website www.ararattownhall.com.au where you can also book tickets.
Image above: Damian Callinan stars in The Merger, which will play at the Ararat Town Hall on May 27.