Ararat Rural City Council announces community grants
Posted Friday 7 February, 12:00pm
Ararat Rural City Council has announced the latest round of its community grants program, with more than $27,000 awarded to 10 organisations around the municipality.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said the grants were awarded at a presentation evening last night.
Dr Harrison said community groups do an enormous amount of volunteer work around the municipality, contributing to the cultural and social life of our residents.
“Ararat Rural City Council’s Community Grants Program aims to support these groups in their work, and we know the funding goes a long way in helping the work they do,” he said.
“Council appreciates everything they do for Ararat Rural City, and the grants program is one way we can support them in their work.”
Dr Harrison also thanked the independent assessment panel made up of community members Jane King, Cor Lenghaus and Sarah Holland, who put in many hours reading through the applications.
Under this round of the community grants program, a total of $27,197 was awarded to:
- Ararat Emergency Relief ‘Share the Christmas Spirit’ appeal – $1000. The group used their grant to purchase hamper items in bulk, which they used for their “Share the Christmas Spirit” appeal in December to help families in need.
- Ararat Y’s Mens Club – Carols by Candlelight event – $5000. The grant was used to provide entertainment and fireworks at Alexandra Gardens for the annual Carols by Candlelight event.
- Moyston Easter Market – $340.50. Grant to be used for the 2020 event.
- Willaura Healthcare Auxiliary – 2020 Willaura Healthcare Outdoor Market – $1000. Grant will be used at the 2020 event for equipment and facility hire.
- Moyston Sheep Dog Trials – $644.93. The grant will be used for the 2020 event.
- Real Life Celebration – Family Fun Day –$5,000. To be used for the 2020 event.
- Lake Bolac Eel Festival – $5000 to be used for the 2020 event.
- Ararat Jailhouse Rock Festival – $5000 to be used for 2020 event.
- Lake Bolac Kindergarten ‘Family Fun Day’ $3260 to be used for the 2020 event.
- Pomonal Cricket Club - $770 used to purchase team uniforms.
Photo above: Ararat Rural City Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison and Mayor Cr Jo Armstrong presenting Lake Bolac Kindergarten representative Sarah Whinney (centre) with a community grant.