The Annual Report 2018/2019 details Ararat Rural City Council’s achievement of the 2017/2021 Council Plan strategic objectives.
- The official re-opening of the Ararat Arts Precinct in August 2018 after a multi-million dollar redevelopment.
- Endorsing plans for the establishment of a new development zone in Ararat, and start work on stage one, committing $300,000 to improving access to the site.
- Hosting a visit by AMES Australia community leaders and refugee groups in May 2019.
- Completion of the Willaura Hall redevelopment.
- Funding announcements totalling $1.481m towards the Ararat Active Corridor project that will include safety lighting in Alexandra Gardens, new netball courts, a grandstand upgrade and new female friendly amenities.
- Receiving $100,000 funding from Regional Roads Victoria to implement solutions to slow traffic around a school and kindergarten in Barkly Street, Ararat.
Council achieved a surplus of $3.999 million in 2018/2019. This surplus compares favourably to the prior year surplus of $3.078 million. Capital works expenditure for 2019 totalled $11.633m.
- Building capital works included completing the Ararat Town Hall upgrade ($1.726 million), the renovation of the Willaura Hall ($0.319 million), the Ararat Skate Park Development ($0.317 million), the Olver Grandstand ($0.104 million), the completion of the Ararat Men’s Shed ($0.059 million), the Ararat E-Waste Shed ($0.135 million) and the completion of the Ararat Olympic Pool Waterslide ($0.041 million).
- Roadworks included reseals and reconstruction of various roads across the municipality. Council receives funding through the Federal Government’s Roads to Recovery Program and the State Government’s Fixing Country Roads Program to assist the cost of works.
- Bridgeworks include renewal works and replacement works on various bridges, including $0.465 million for Allenders Bridge
- Footpaths and cycle ways included new and renewal works in various urban locations.
- Drainage works included new and renewal works in various locations across the municipality.