Pomonal has a newly built hall, a monthly village market, a Primary School, recreation reserve and local store which serves as a meeting point for many. Great meals are available at Barney’s Bistro which is popular with people across the municipality.
What do people living in Pomonal say about it?
- Welcoming vibrant community
- Diverse interests and talented people
- Natural features of interest including walking tracks and historic tunnels
- Close to Lake Fyans for fishing and water recreation
- Natural features including the adjoining national park are important
- Locals call Pomonal a village and it is important to the community that this village feel is retained.
- Ethnic, cultural and religious diversity is important to this community appreciating all the benefits that such diversity can offer.
- The people of Pomonal boast that they have chemical free air.
See the Community Action Plan for more highlights of Pomonal.