Ararat Rural City Council has a dedicated Economic Development Team with an in depth knowledge and understanding of the region's industries, major projects and economic strategies impacting the region. The team has a strong reputation for innovation and performance in supporting economic growth. Its focus is on providing relevant information and data and support for companies and individuals considering establishing their business in Ararat Rural City and supporting existing businesses prosper and grow
Partnerships are critical for future economic prosperity. Networks and clusters are a means of harnessing resources, building capacity, developing skills and adopting new technologies. The Economic Strategy Team act as a link between industry and commerce and the State and Federal Governments.
Doing business in Ararat Rural City and enjoying the enviable lifestyle that regional Victoria offers is a winning combination for businesses and employees alike.
Ararat Rural City has a population of over 11,000 and is situated 200km west of Melbourne on the Western Highway which connects the region to Adelaide. Ararat sits at an important road junction with the Pyrenees Highway which connects north western Victoria with the Port of Portland in the south.
Ararat Rural City is the gateway to the world-renowned Grampians Region and is characterised by huge horizons, spectacular mountain scapes and a vibrant sense of community health and wellbeing.
Advanced manufacturing, agriculture, food and wine production, construction, healthcare and tourism experiences underpin the economy.
Ararat has excellent passenger and rail freight connections to Ballarat, Melbourne, Adelaide and the Port of Portland in the south.
Ararat is a major regional service centre in Victoria’s mid-west and is supported by a number of small rural townships. Ararat Rural City has excellent schools, hospitals, transport connections and amenities that support a regional lifestyle.
The Economic Developemnt Team is also active in support of economic growth through:
- The branding and marketing of Ararat Rural City as an attractive location for industry and commerce
- Strategic planning and the analysis of industrial, commercial and demographic trends
- Attraction and facilitation of major regional infrastructure projects
- Investment attraction and business establishment support
- Facilitation support for expansion and retention of businesses
- Leveraging State and Federal Government funding grants for expansion and innovation
- Export market development
- Assistance with the co-ordination of Council and other agency regulatory permits and approval processes
- Assistance with industrial and commercial site selection
- Access to local business networking events
- Referral to appropriate business service providers
- Advice on business training workshops and seminars
- Referral to major business development associations in the region
Ararat Rural City Council subscribes to the industry and economic research organisations Remplan and IBIS World. Economic and specific industry reports are available on request.
To obtain more information or book a meeting for a confidential discussion on how we may be able to assist your business please contact the Manager Economic Strategy
Ararat Regional Business Association
Ararat Rural City has an active and passionate business network – the Ararat Regional Business Association – which offers support, training and advice for members. Members are also able to take part in the Association’s promotions. They can be contacted on:
(03) 5355 0218
PO Box 90